Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Today is the day

It's Inauguration Day.

I've voted in three elections and twice I picked the guy who lost. I wanted Al Gore to win, was meh about Kerry, but he wasn't Bush, so I went for it. This time, though, was different. I didn't know who to vote for during the primaries. I considered voting for Hilary. I considered voting for Barack. I took a lot of time trying to decide on whose views were closer to mine. Then, Hilary cried. Yes, that's all it took. I realized that Hilary wasn't being herself, she was not staying true to her beliefs. I then decided to go all out for Barack. I voted for him in the Indiana primary. He did not win Indiana, which wasn't a surprise, though he did win the area we lived in, being next door to Chicago and all.

Then we moved and I had to absentee vote. Again, I confidently voted for Barack. And he won. I can't explain how sweetly happy I was on election night. He is the right person for the job. A person who would stand up and proclaim hope in these times deserves a chance to prove that he can do this.

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek. "
"There has never been anything false about hope."

It's time to make things right.

0 comments: