Friday, April 24, 2009

Long time no see

Well, howdy.

For my re-entry blog, a vent. Woo hoo, bet you're super excited? And what is this wonderful vent about, you ask? My lovely job! Super exciting, no?

So, here we go...

Backstory: we get our schedules on Tuesdays, that schedule runs through the following week. They're subject to change, which is understandable, however, one would think that if a schedule changes they'd be wanting to let the person know, right? Apparently not.

For instance, my schedule this week read: Sunday - 3-8:30, Monday - 6-10, Saturday 3-9:30.
So, that left Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off. Sweet.

I took the kids in today so that they could each pick out a toy and so that I could check my schedule for next week. Something had been nagging at me all day and I was honestly thinking I'd been rescheduled to work Wednesday or something. Not quite, but pretty close.

They'd changed it so that I was to work tonight. I did not receive a phone call or any other sort of notification. They didn't bother to ask me if I even could work tonight. My guess is that they assumed that I would stop in on every one of my off days to make sure I was actually off.

I was absolutely livid when I saw it. There's one manager there who I don't really get along with. She and the store's main manager were there when I got this little tidbit of Jenna screwing over today. Rather than go to the store manager, I went to the one I don't like. She's made MANY comments over my time there about how f'ed up the scheduling is, and she has kids, so I figured she'd understand.

Shockingly, I was right. She was totally cool about it, because really, am I psychic? And really, can this really be considered calling off? If I didn't know I was to work, it can't be a call off, so ha ha ha.

Needless to say, I'm on the lookout for a better job.

0 comments: